Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

Vegas... here I come. I called Romeo and told him that I had decided  to fly in for the day. I asked him nicely if he wouldn't mind picking me up at the airport about 130. Of course he was all over it. By the time I arrived he had our whole day planned. LOVE IT. We stopped at one of the local hospitals first. (He needed to get "badged" for the pediatric surgeries that he was going to be shadowing and assisting with this up coming month). After that, we stopped for some sushi. Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm. I  love sushi. It almost ties with Zupa's. We went back to his place and I got out of my uniform and into something comfy. In the short time that I have spent with Nate, I have not hesitated to tell him just how much I hate Vegas. And believe it or not, he remembered. He came up with the idea to go over to Lake Las Vegas, which is away from the strip, and go to the little shops they have over there and walk along the lake. It was so peaceful and breathtaking. I never knew this part of Vegas existed. It was amazing. All of it. We sat on one of the boulders, rolled up our pant legs, and just talked as we watched it get darker and darker. Once again, I lost track of time. The next thing I knew it was time to go. It was 8:30 and I still had a flight to catch back to Boston at 11:00. 



Before going back to the apartment and grabbing my things, Nate made one more stop. When I was in college at Dixie State, all my friends made Vegas runs on the weekends. I hated Vegas and they all knew it. The only way I would go is if they promised that we could stop at the Bellagio for the water show at some point during the night. Before I landed in Vegas Nate asked me if there was anything I wanted to do in Sin City. My response? "Only the Bellagio at dusk". And that is what I got. We stopped off for a few shows and we barely watched them. We were so caught up in our conversation, big surprise. I don't know why, but I could talk to that kid for hours!! I mean, I have talked to him for HOURS, yet we never run out of anything to say. This is definitely unfamiliar territory for me. Yes, at times I can be a talker, but not hours upon hours. Hello?? Has any one heard of cotton mouth? No, in all honesty, he is not only a great listener but he is a great talker as well. He makes me feel validated. I know that he hears and understands what it is that I am saying and he knows that I hear and understand him too.  I think it's safe to say that when it comes to communication between us, there is NOT a problem. We can be 100 percent open with each other about everything and that is extremely hard to find these days. I'm very, very grateful that I have found such a great friend and someone that I can relate too. I can't wait to see him again. 










2 comments:

  1. Um, when can I meet this so called 'ROMEO'??? Love you too girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you might start liking Vegas a little more if all future trips turn out like this.

    ReplyDelete